Top 10 Aphrodisiac Plant Foods to share with your Lover
Valentines is both, a bit sickening and a bit mesmerizing for most of us. It is about love, not about pink flowers and cards. It is about connection, not about expectations and performance. It is about self-love first of all, not the need to comply and fit in.
Valentines is about the one true superfood: Unconditional Love & Appreciation.
We prepared something special for you this Valentines. Something you can use every day of your life. Something that can encourage your creativity. Your excitement. Something that will put a smile on your face. It does not require you to be single or in relationship. It is for you.
Top 10 aphrodisiac plant foods to share with your Lover. Read on and have fun!
1. Durian. King of the fruits. For those with acquired taste in all things delicious and mind-blowing. It has a strong pungent smell and is usually quite challenging for the first timers. But if you are daring and adventurous – you will be rewarded. Durian is rich in Tryptophan and is widely known to give you that loved-up feeling that is best shared!
2. Raw Cacao/Chocolate. Cacao is known as a food of Gods. It is rich in Tryptophan and Anandamide – also known as the happiness molecule. Cacao is known and used in ceremonies worldwide as a heart opener. We suggest you prepare a cup of hot chocolate for yourself and your beloved to share before the dinner. Savour the moment.
3. Vanilla. Vanilla has a sensual relationship with cacao and go (and grow) perfectly well and harmoniously together. Vanilla is an orchid flower – and what can be more aphrodisiac than a beautiful orchid? Get some natural vanilla paste for your dessert or some organic essential vanilla oil for your bath, bed and beyond.
4. Chilli. There are 1000s of chilli varieties out there – all with their own unique flavours and subtleties. Why not getting a few different kinds and serving them fresh or dry at your dinner table for you and your lover to try and play. Chillies are invigorating, they increase blood circulation and definitely bring you to the present moment. Here and now. In your bodies.
5. Asparagus. Basically fresh, bursting sprouts full of vitality, energy and gentle exquisite flavours. Have them lightly marinated in good olive oil, lemon and salt for a few hours or gently steam them and serve with truffle paste, salt and pepper.
6. Artichoke. These delightful flower buds is everyone’s instant favourite. They speak of sensuality, love and sophisticated taste harmonies. Note: Artichokes and asparagus are not the best combo. Try them separately for the best results.
7. Maca. One of the best foods to balance our hormones. Healthy hormones equals healthy emotions and healthy mind. Oh, and it does wonders for men’s and women’s libido. Consider yourself warned. A generous dosage for Valentine’s night is up to two tablespoons per person. Mixed in a smoothie, chocolate or dessert.
8. Avocado. Creamy, silky, smooth, light and fluffy – there’re many things that make avocado a top sensual food. Use it to make a mind-blowing guacamole with artichoke hearts or go in a completely different direction and mix it in with some dates, raw cacao, be pollen and maca for a very potent dessert mousse.
9. Ginseng. An invigorating root, known for it’s longevity properties is a great way to boost your and your beloveds energy levels and feel alive, awake and playful all night long.
10. Bee Pollen. What can be more sensual and delightful than sharing sexual offerings of the flowers? Use be pollen in smoothies, mix in with avocado and chocolate or just savor it on its own.