Wild Food Cafe is a raw-centric food restaurant located in a magical Neal’s Yard in Covent Garden, London. We are focusing on wild, fresh, colourful gourmet ingredients & plant-based (vegan and vegetarian) cuisine.
As much as possible we source our ingredients from independent suppliers and organic producers and make sure to always include wild foraged food into our recipes. Our food is made daily on the premises.
P.S. We believe we produce the best raw veggie burger in town using nutrient-dense, gluten and soya-free ingredients such as olives, shiitake mushrooms, dulse and butternut squash. Let us know if you agree with us:)
Here’s a bit about what we are all about:
Wild Food Café is here to promote aliveness & embody the world in which plant-passionate, nutrient-packed food prepared & served with devotion & love is not only possible – it is necessary! (that’s living foods, wholefoods, vegan and vegetarian in the mainstream parlour!)
Every day we are co-creating an oasis in the centre of a sprawling metropolis for those of you who know that sublime food prepared with love, care & a bucket-load of playful innovation is not just gonna fill your tummy.
You know that it will bring a glow to your eyes, nourish your body & inspire you to give your very best to the world.
And that is our dream! You deserve it.
ABOUT JOEL AND AISTE
I’ve have spent more than half of my lifetime devoted to exploring the worldwide traditions of wellbeing and longevity. Starting as a budding architect, I discovered that the ultimate architecture is not in the buildings and cities, but in our own lives, minds and bodies.
My journey led me to deep exploration of body movement, nutrition, raw food, detoxification, paleo and indigenous diet, Ayurveda, Chinese medicine, tonic herbalism, wild foraging and others. I’ve been sharing and teaching internationally in the raw food and wellbeing fields for the past 15 years.
Now my lifetime’s experiences, together with my ever-expanding passion for innovation (there’s definitely a level of madness about me!), are condensed in Wild Food Café & Wild Wellbeing & Raw Food Courses that I regularly teach together with Aiste and the Wild Team.
It is my honour to share my knowledge, innovate and co-create with the Wild Team as an Executive Chef and lead the playful wellbeing revolution in UK through our courses, vision and community.
Deep down in my heart I always had a burning desire to have a positive impact in the world but I had no idea how. Does it sound familiar to you?
I started by studying politics (don’t even go there), creating visual art, working in business admin, discovering passion for entrepreneurialism and social business, studying various alternative lifestyles, wellbeing technologies and pathways to authentic health.
For 10 years I immersed myself into various spiritual traditions, yoga, meditation and native cultures of the world.
Here’s what I found out:
- Living an authentic, inspired, creative life the absolute key to wellbeing.
- Playfulness, love & gratitude is our true nature.
- I believe that being a transformation agent is an open invitation for other people to share their unique message with the world.
- Having a social business is the greatest tool I found to embody my dreams and to share my message in a very tangible way.
- You only need to have one good, honest look around our parents’ generation to see that healthy lifestyle is no longer just a fad, it is a necessity.
- It is up to us to empower ourselves to authentic wellbeing & thriving.
- I found that high-vibrational, plant-based food served with LOVE shakes people’s rigid belief systems and habits. It is one of the greatest tools for us to reclaim the awareness of our bodies, minds and environments.
- Food is an essential aspect of our lives and ecosystems. With every purchase and bite we make a vote for wellbeing or destruction of our bodies and environments. And it is our responsibility to vote wisely.
- We are not meant to be isolated and lonely. Community spirit is what sustains, supports and magnifies our brilliance .Co-creating and growing a healthy community is one of my life-long aspirations and goals.
- Wild Food Café is an epicenter of my vision and a true heart-and-mind child of my authentic expression.
I am truly honored and grateful to be able to share this journey with you <3
We pour our hearts into all we do. From food to hospitality to the space we create – it’s our heart’s song.
We strive to up-our-game everyday and provide you with artisan quality plant-based food & heart-centered service that is true, professional & authentic.
All we do comes from a spark of passion – vitality, playfulness with a healthy splash of positive attitude. We eagerly embody vitality & aliveness every moment, everywhere: from team breakfasts to raw burgers. We are confident you’ll get the taste of it.
Dream: it is a mystery Food: ratatouille
Dream: to inspire people to inhabit their bodies fully.
Wild Factor: yoga and meditation each and every day
Food: mangos, raw chocolate and tahini
Dream: to write a screenplay
Wild Factor: I love working out at 7am in the morning.
Food: 80/10/10 baby!
Dream: to be my fun wild self!
Wild Factor: Acting, Aikido and Juiciness.
Food: ginger and lemon shots
Dream: to open a gong sound-healing centre.
Wild Factor: I hold gong sound healing sessions
Wild Factor: Burning Man
Wild Factor: Food: Thai
Dream: Travel the world.
Wild Factor: I eat 15 bananas a day.
Food: bananas and dates, obviously.
Dream: To make a difference.
Wild Factor: I am learning to play the drums
Food: ginger, chili, chocolate, chaga.
Dream: to direct a feature film
Wild Factor: sci fi geekiness
Food: anything yummy
Dream: To have a smallholding living with rescued animals, veggie patch and sweat lodge.
Wild Factor: I have a favourite tree who I spend time with every day.
Food: home made vegan Mexican tacos.
Dream: become a yoga teacher and nutritionist
Wild Factor: all things arty and creative
Food: strawberries and cream
Dream: create a family and see a positive difference in the world
Wild Factor: I have OCD about systems
Thet Min Tun
Dream: Own a restaurant and win one Michelin star.
Wild Factor: Make people happy through food
Food: French Cuisine
Marcos Carvajal Carrasco
Food: Spanish stew, baby!
a seedbed for ideas about living a fulfilled life
a communal place in central London
holistic ethos which nurtures creativity and wellbeing
independent businesses with ethical values.
Neal’s yard was a home of the UK’s first Wholefoods shop, Monmouth Coffee, Neal’s Yard Dairy, Neal’s Yard Remedies and the iconic Baker for those that still remember it! Find out more about Neal’s Yard here.